RGB are recruiting for a Senior Façade Architect to direct façade/cladding teams on major projects with in London
The practice is noted for its long tradition of design excellence and technical expertise and has developed a diverse portfolio of projects internationally. They cover a wide range of sectors including commercial; cultural; hotel and residential; institutional; large-scale, mixed-use development sites; retail and entertainment; and airports and transportation centres.
- Must have an excellent understanding of façade engineering design and build-ability, including material knowledge and installation techniques
- Attend meetings to coordinate with the Design Architect, Client and other consultants to determine best façade design outcomes
- Provide technical solutions to cladding design intent
- Competently discuss and comment on cladding principles with cladding trade contractors and façade consultants.
- Provide design sketches, specifications and write reports as required
- Witness performance tests
- Carryout site inspections and factory visits
- Lead façade educational training sessions within the office
- Ability to oversee the production of cladding packages to RIBA Stage 4
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Bachelor’s in relevant degree (Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering etc)
- Extensive familiarity with façade systems, façade design and fabrication/manufacture
- Knowledge of relevant standards and codes for façades and services
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply within or contact Martin Leslie on 020 7932 2800 or email mleslie @ rgb.co.uk