Development Infrastructure Engineer
RGB Network are working with one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms who are currently seeking an enthusiastic Infrastructure Engineer to join their development team based in Manchester. The team specialises in providing high level advice to mainly private sector clients on planning and design issues relating to highways, public realm, signal design, sewerage, SUDS, building drainage, earthworks, flood protection and utilities coordination/diversion on residential, retail, industrial and commercial developments both in the UK and overseas.
Your role as an Infrastructure Engineer will be working within a team to produce designs and drawings for construction projects and contribute to technical reports for masterplanning and to support planning applications. At any given time you can expect to be active on a number of projects and client accounts and report to either a Principal Engineer or Associate.
- You will have achieved a degree in civil engineering or relevant equivalent and ideally have experience in highway or drainage design.
- You will have a sound engineering foundation and an interest and understanding of drainage and highway design principles (layout, etc.).
- The following design software is widely used within Development Infrastructure so an interest and/or experience in one or more is desirable:-
- The design of sewers using WINDES Micro Drainage,
- Highway design using PDS and Civils 3D,
- Microsoft XL.
- Depending on experience, ideally you will be able to prepare designs for drainage and highway schemes and/or flood risk assessments and SUDs designs. This will potentially include designs for Contract Documents and S278, S104 and S38 Adoption Agreements.
The Ideal candidate would be
from a consultancy or development background with a bias on private sector work. Ability to seek clarity of instructions, check own work before submitting for approval, agree and meet timescales for items of work. You will contribute to the delivery of concept studies and strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications or construction drawing issue.
On offer is a competitive salary dependent on your level of experience, ICE Training Scheme, pension, 25 days holiday plus a whole range of discounted benefits.
Training & development are one of the employers core values and all staff are encouraged and assisted to progress their training towards professional qualifications, with internal and external training opportunities provided.
The opportunity to work on high profile major multi-disciplinary projects.
For more information contact Jules Andrews at RGB Network.