SALARY & PACKAGE
- London based construction company
- Turn over about £27m
- Specialise in Office fit out, High End Resi and High End Education
- 90% of their work is within Zone 1-6
- Cash rich business
- 40 guys in total on the books, 4 on the M&E side. Also use a lot of sub contractors.
- Projects will range from £100k to £10M. The M&E value tends to be around 50% of this.
- Most projects are office fitout but they have undertaken high end residential, education and data centres but from an M&E perspective this doesn't change too drastically.
- £60k - £65k salary
- Bonus schemes, which are negotiable and will depend on what the candidate is looking for. Could be for example, % bonus of self delivery projects.
- 20 days holidays + BH
Looking to bring in a Technical Services Manager, to start ASAP.
In about 12 months, this TSM will then be heading up the entire M&E. After this candidate is set up and settled, they will look at bringing in someone underneath him.
Will be on site 90% of the time. They split the business into 2 different sectors:
- Traditional – site based, head up the design and development and take the project form tender to completion.
- Self delivering – They bring the tender in house, sort the materials, labour, design & coordination, costings. This is to bring down their margin. This is for more of their small to medium sized properties.
This a very varied role. There would be coordination, planning, estimation, project management, document control all being involved.
Each guy gets a couple of projects to oversee and will be looking to bring on another next year. Key things would be;
- Good at presenting and meeting both clients and subcontractors
- IT (email, word, excel etc.)
- Happy to work in both site and office
- Understanding of installation and drawings
- Understand how to price projects as some estimating and variation costing will be required
- Document control capabilities as would need to track progress and design development
Within the next 1-2 years the intention would be that the person would become Lead TSM and essentially pickup the running of the M&E department.
The candidate must be client facing, be presentable, articulate, able to write emails professionally. PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / SHITCHMAN @ RGB.CO.UK