Senior / Principal Transport Planner
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior/Principal Transport Planner for our London Transport team on a permanent basis. Working as part of a wider network of well over 100 Transport professionals, the London team delivers a range of exciting projects for clients in the South East region and beyond.
The successful candidate will support the team leader and be responsible for daily management of projects and client liaison. You will be experienced in managing, owning and developing client relationships while supporting a team and undertaking technical work, report writing and budget monitoring.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
- Transport Assessments
- Travel Plans
- Environmental Assessments
- Transport Modelling
- Identification, feasibility and design of transport solutions
- Developing policies and strategies
- Multi-disciplinary project management
- Post negotiation of planning applications
- Potential to take line manager responsibility for some of the team.
The successful Principal Transport Planner will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, with a degree in a Transport Planning related subject.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience of mentoring junior staff and managing projects (budget control, fee letters, invoicing etc.)
- Experience of working with clients, both in the public and private sector
- The ability to lead on Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and Environmental Assessments
- Knowledge of LinSig, Junctions 9, TRICS, TEMPro,
- Experience of meeting demanding deadlines
- Experience of budget monitoring, change management and fee negotiation
- Good communication skills, and be keen to explore future project opportunities
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word and MS Excel
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
We are a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
We provide significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.