RGB Network are working with one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms who are currently seeking a Transport Planner to join their Transport team in Guildford. The projects that you would be a part of range from commercial, retail, and residential through to Local Development Framework Representations and providing Expert Witness evidence.
Your responsibilities as a Transport Planner will be the day to day technical input into a variety of projects as well as project management of some projects depending on your level of experience.
The company prides themselves on recognising and the years of study in your field and hard work on the job required to that milestone of professional accreditation and that you are at the top of your game.
Daily tasks would consist of:
- Preparing Transport Statements, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans for a range of development planning projects across the region.
- Project management of smaller projects and collaborative team working on larger projects.
- Various forms of transport modelling to highlight various scenarios and assumptions.
- Working in a large multi-disciplinary office with access to a range of people at a similar career stage across a variety of fields.
- You would need to be educated to degree level in a related subject, and a Master’s degree in transport would be ideal
- Post Graduate work experience as a Transport Planner/Transport engineer in a consulting or local authority environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to be able to liaise with clients and discuss idea’s with non-technical stakeholders.
- Transport Statements, Transport Assessments and/or Travel Plans.
- Access strategy work, parking strategies, sustainable transport, S106 agreements, S278 agreements and guidance such as NPPF, DfT Transport Assessment guidelines, Manual for Streets etc.
- Setting up and running PICADY and ARCADY Transport models.
- An understanding of LINSIG and can carry this modelling out for different scenarios, understand what you are doing and why.
- The principles of micro-simulation and strategic models/modelling.
- Junction design (priority, roundabout, signals).
One of the companies core values is the development of their employees. Should you choose to pursue a qualification with the ICE, TPS or CIHT, they will provide a technical mentor to help you on your journey, and reward you for your efforts as well. You will receive a bonus when you reach certain professional milestones as a thank you and well done for your hard work!
A Competitive Salary is on offer dependent on your level of experience, Training & development Schemes, Competitive Pension, 25 days holiday plus a whole range of discounted benefits.
For more information contact Jules Andrews at RGB Network.