Assistant Infrastructure Engineer – Cambridge
RGB Network are working with a large multi disciplinary consultancy who are looking for an Assistant Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Cambridge. The team works mainly with private sector clients on planning and design issues relating to Highways, Public Realm, Signal Design, Sewerage, SUDS, Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Utilities Coordination/Diversion on Residential, Retail, Industrial and Commercial Developments both in the UK and overseas.
Your core role will be as a design engineer working within the team to produce designs and drawings to accompany planning applications and construction. You can expect to be active on a number of projects and client accounts at any given time reporting to a Principal Engineer or Associate.
- HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering.
- An understanding of drainage and highway design principles (layout, etc.) and be able to use one or more of the following; AutoCAD design packages, the design of sewers using WINDES, highways using PDS (or similar software packages) together with experience in applying Highways Agency and Local Authority design guidance.
- Ability to work with more senior and junior staff in producing designs is essential.
- You will be able to produce masterplans, site appraisals, write reports to support planning applications, design calculations and construction drawings.
- Ideally you will be able to prepare designs for drainage and highway schemes. This will potentially include designs for Contract Documents and S278, S104 and S38 Adoption Agreements.
On offer is a competitive salary dependent on your level of experience, ICE Training Scheme, pension, 25 days holiday plus a whole range of discounted benefits.
For more information on this or other similar position please contact Michael Power at RGB Network.