Brief Details of Position
|Job Title||Multi Skilled Mechanical Engineer (Shifts)|
|Reporting To||Building Services Supervisor/Manager|
|Functional Responsibility||Maintenance and Reactive Work|
|Location||Centrale Sopping Centre – Croydon |
A static site shift position for a Mechanical building service engineer to be responsible for undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment as well as building fabric.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- The role is a 4 on 4 off rolling shift pattern (12 hrs per shift)
- Hours to be covered are 7 days per week from 06:30 to 20:30
- In 2 teams of 2
- Call out for late shift as per shift rota
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Qualifications Essential
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance, as instructed by the Site supervisor & Contract Manager. Including, but not limited to full electrical & mechanical PPM and reactive works, minor building repairs, plumbing works including drainage and other general duties in support of the client’s requirements.
- To close/update completed Reactive & PPM tasks on the site PDA computerised maintenance system
- Ensure standards of workmanship are maintained in order to maximise the operation, effectiveness and reliability of the building and associated systems
- To assist specialist subcontractors’ requirements both for PPM and reactive works
- To ensure all site procedures are adhered to in all aspects
- Ensure both site and the clients, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call-outs/repairs as required, and requested by management
- Regular on call cover to attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours
- Carry out tasks within typical building environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Complete any other associated tasks requested by management
- This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
- City & Guilds level 3 Mechanical Maintenance or equivalent
- L8 Awareness
- 17th Edition IEE
Worked or currently working in a similar Retail/Commercial maintenance environment and familiar with the following equipment:
- Air Handling Units
- Emergency lighting
- L8 requirements
- Fire Alarm Testing
- Lighting Systems
- Record keeping
Personal Aptitudes & Skills
- Any additional trade qualifications (plumbing, Mechanical)
If this is of interest, please contact Sean Hitchman on 020 7932 2800 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smart appearance, must be presentable at all times
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Self-motivated and willing to at all times
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused, flexible and pro-active