Transport Planning Technician
Our client is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. Due to significant growth and project opportunities they are looking to expand and take on a Transport Planning Technician for their office in Ashford.
As a Transport Planning Technician you would provide assistance with the technical delivery of a variety of transport related planning, assessment and modelling projects.
Daily duties would include:
- Prepare drawings, sketches and graphics with minimal supervision
- Prepare preliminary/concept junction designs following appropriate design standards/guidance
- Support the Transport and Infrastructure team on technical works to support planning applications / projects
- Production of technical notes to support project deliverable
- HNC / Level 4 or equivalent in civil engineering / transport
- Proficient in AutoCAD and production of Infographics
- Understanding and appreciation in applying standards and design guidance
- Preparation of concept junction design under supervision
- An understanding of highway / junction design or transport assessment / modelling
- Experience of junction capacity modelling to inform design work
- Experience of writing technical notes to support project reports
- Computer literate in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise their own workload and work to deadlines
A competitive salary is on offer along with a flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Our client also offers significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. They create a friendly and supportive environment for their employees and aid them in achieving their career goals.
For more information contact Jules Andrews at RGB Network.