Senior Civil Engineering Technician / Engineer
A unique opportunity to join a forward thinking Multi-Disciplinary Design Consultancy. Our client are looking for an experienced Civil Engineering Technician with previous design experience or engineer.
Working under the supervision of an Associate you will report to your line manager as part of the Civils team in the London responsible for the design, submission and approval of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD
- Supporting the Senior Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process.
- Working in both an office environment and on site
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff.
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards
- Conversant with current building regulations
- Designing to NHBC and LABC standards
- Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc.
- Earthworks modelling would be advantageous
Experience / Skills required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
The successful applicant will have:
- HNC/HND or other relevant qualification in Civil Engineering
- At least five years’ post qualification design experience in the civils sector.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Proficient use of Autocad and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as PDS, Civils3D and MicroDrainage
- A solid understanding of road, levels and drainage designs
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive Salary (30k - 40k)
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Workplace Pension
- Paid Overtime
- Yearly Bonus
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership