Assistant Highways Engineer / Transport Engineer
RGB are working with a leading Transportation company with offfices in the UK, America and across Europe who are looking for a HIghways / Transport Engineer to join their established team in London at either Engineer or Assistant Engineer level. Please find further details below:
The company is seeking to expand their integrated design offer and is looking for a highway / transport practitioner to join their London based team to deliver a broad portfolio of work.
This position will support the Integrated Design team which covers a wide range of high-profile projects such as Tottenham Hale Regeneration, Canary Wharf development support and providing transport logistic advice to the TfGM: Streets for All City Centre corridor study. There are also opportunities to support their international offices particularly in North and South America.
You should have expertise in Traffic, Transportation and Highways, preferably with experience supporting development sites through the planning process and ideally in London. You will be expected to provide advice on highway design and traffic management schemes, and thus develop outputs from concept through to detailed design for a variety of highway and development schemes.
You will work as part of a team providing solutions to both private and public-sector clients. This position requires an enthusiastic, hard-working person, who wants to be part of our growing, dynamic teams and in this role, you will be required to:
- Support the highway and transport design advice offer across the company both in the UK and internationally.
- Lead work streams within projects with limited supervision, ensuring that best practice techniques are applied consistently.
- Deliver high quality highway and transportation advice as part of multi-disciplinary teams across a range of transport related projects including major developments, highway related regeneration projects and sustainable transport initiatives.
- Deliver excellent joined-up and high-profile transportation and highway projects in the UK, which contributes to the company’s reputation for delivering excellence.
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects, sub-consultants and manage support staff assigned on a project basis as required.
- Take responsibility to deliver key projects through project initiation, feasibility and initial design.
- Prepare and present reports, proposals, briefing notes and design reports.
- Manage project budgets exercising effective financial and budgetary control.
- Contribute to the production and delivery of proposals and marketing materials related to our market area from time to time.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Be comfortable working in creative multi-disciplinary teams with architects etc. and provide positive contributions in resolving complex design problems.
- Take responsibility for key tasks and workstreams, successfully managing multiple deadlines in parallel.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to influence colleagues and clients through a balance of supportive and challenging behaviours.
- Possess relevant London experience in the design of traffic engineering, with a good knowledge and understanding of design standards used for highway design, ideally with experience of Section 38 / 278 agreements and Section 106 agreements.
- Hold professional and academic qualifications in transport engineering e.g. BEng or similar.
- Proficient user of AutoCAD and AutoTrack.
Expected salary is: 30k - 40k (dependent on experience) + extensive range of benefits.