JOB TITLE: HVAC/Mechanical Bias Maintenance Site Based Engineer
LOCATION: Farnborough Hants
WORKING HOURS: Minor shift rota 8hrs / day (1st engineer 07.00 to 16.00hrs 2nd engineer 09.00 to 18.00hrs on a weekly rota.
REPORTING TO: Sited based Supervisor & Contract Manager
SALARY & PACKAGE
Up to £38,000
- 25 days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Internal Training Academy
- Private medical insurance and healthcare scheme
- Private pension
- Mobile Phone
- PPE & Uniform
My client is a UK leading facilities management company with over 30 years’ experience in providing hard and soft FM solutions across the UK to their commercial, retail, industrial and healthcare portfolios.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Been running for over 30 years
- Employ 3000 employees as a Group
- London based Head Office
- General duties will require our HVAC Mechanical Engineer to, complete repairs / installations to all building service assets and general M&E systems to large prestigious site in Farnborough Hampshire.
- Ensuring consistent operational delivery through smart working and the efficient execution of the engineer’s day to day tasks.
- To liaise with and minor operation of onsite Client Helpdesk and Contract Manager to provide excellent service delivery to our customers.
- We’re looking for a Mechanical bias engineer with experience in both installation and maintenance of HVAC systems that is willing to support in all building services and plumbing works as required to support the site being self-sufficient and reduce the subcontractor spend.
- The role will be within a team of 5 on site 1 x Supervisor, 2 engineers, 1 x Admin and 1 x Contract Manager. This site requires a high level of health and safety awareness as well as timely attendance to any issues that may arrive.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices and in line with customers Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Identify any defects found to Line Manager and provide parts list and estimated timescale to carry out remedial works.
- Respond promptly and within SLA to all reactive job request.
- Responsible for ordering all required parts for jobs via the Parts Portal.
- Risk assessments must be completed before all PPM and Reactive works.
- To carry out replacement or new installations of equipment as directed.
- Support Site Supervisor and Contract manager to providing quotations where required.
- Maintain the professional image of us at all times through positive presentation, behaviours and attitudes. Uniform to be worn at all times.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all Client representatives, employees and contractors.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment and promote a positive safety culture and ensure safety rules are adhered to at all times.
- To operate software systems promptly and effectively to ensure efficient maintenance activities.
- Ensure work reports, and necessary documentation is sent to the Admin team promptly within set timescales.
- Most of admin will be via provided mobile phone which have access to systems, it is very important that these systems are kept up to date.
- To attend site meetings and provide effective communications to Contract Manger and Admin team.
NATURE OF WORK:
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development.
Demonstrate continuous improvement to your individual performance statistics:
- First Time Fix Percentage
- Arrival within SLA
- Number of Open Jobs and Completion within SLA
- PPM completion
- Proactive jobs raised
Ensure absence is kept to a minimum and inform Contract Manager on the first day and every day of unplanned before your agreed start time.
Ensure all required requests are submitted through system within agreed timescales.
Maintain toolkit and power tools in fit for purpose condition ensuring they are tested and calibrated if required. Report loss and damage to Contract Manager.
Contribute to all the Company Objectives. QUALIFICATIONS / KEY REQUIREMENTS:
PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / SHITCHMAN@RGB.CO.UK
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Refrigeration handling and knowledge of systems
- F Gas,
- HVAC, LPHW / CHW fan coil units,
- Gas safe,
- City and Guilds in Electrical Installation.
- City and Guilds test and inspect 2391.
- 17th Edition Electrical
- Asbestos Awareness
- L8 Water Legionella
- PASMA – as required
- IPAF – as required