Principal Transport Planner – Central London
RGB are working with a growing consultancy with 5+ offices across the UK who are looking for a Principal Transport Planner / Engineer to join their Transport Planning team in Central London. The ideal candidate will be looking to move up to Associate in the next 1-2 years with circa 8+ years experience in this field.
You will be joining an established team that has plenty of exciting projects in the pipeline and a plan in place to continue growing over the next few years allowing the senior members of the team to progress in their careers.
Must have extensive experience of working at a consultancy for private sector clients on planning applications and development proposals and be well versed in the following: -
- Preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements and able to craft well considered reports, making a strong case
- Use of TRICS to derive development trip generation
- Use of TEMPRO to produce traffic growth projections
- Able to derive vehicle trip distribution and assignment
- Able to produce traffic flow diagrams in Excel
- Junction capacity modelling using JUNCTIONS (ARCADY/PICADY modules) and LINSIG
- Able to commission, interpret and analyse results of traffic, speed and parking surveys
- Use of Census car ownership and Travel to Work modal split/O-D data
- Knowledge/appreciation of the planning system and national and local policy framework
- Familiarity with DMRB, Manual for Streets and local authority design guides
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and help supervise/manage 2-3 more junior staff
- Able to deal with clients including on agreeing fees, monitoring budget spend and invoicing etc
On offer is a highly competitive package dependent on experience which will include a yearly company bonus, paid overtime, pension scheme and 25 days holiday.
For more information contact Michael Power at RGB on firstname.lastname@example.org