SENIOR CIVIL INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Central London (Zone 1)
RGB are looking for an ambitious and highly capable senior civil engineer to work in the exciting and fast-paced design environment of a clients central London office. The ideal candidate would be a good ‘all-rounder’ with a strong civil engineering background, and also interest in emerging technologies including BIM.
- Strong level of civil design capability including underground drainage, pavements and roads, flooding and earthworks. The successful candidate will need to be able carry out most of this design autonomously for medium building sites and work under supervision for larger projects.
- Experience with Building Control submissions for underground drainage and liaison with Environment Agency (EA), Planning Departments and other agencies including local councils and local planning authorities.
- Experience with approval processes for S106 sewer adoption and S278 works on public highways.
- Working knowledge of structural design including foundations, concrete, and steel for all kinds of structures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
- A good understanding of BIM required. Knowledge of Revit Structure beneficial but not necessary, if the candidate does not have experience with Revit, a willingness to learn is essential
- Must be experienced with using design software such as Civil 3D including hydraulic and flooding calculations and AutoCAD
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word and Excel) is essential
Experience and Educational background:
- Experience of 4 - 6 years working in either a design office or directly within the construction industry
- A relevant Civil Engineering degree, Master’s desired but not essential
- Chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers or currently progressing towards chartership
Expected salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + benefits.