Highways & Infrastructure Engineer – Manchester
RGB are currently working with an International Engineering Consultancy that have an opportunity for a Highway/Infrastructure Design Engineer with 2+ years post Graduate experience to join their Transport & Infrastructure Design team based in Manchester.
You will be able to apply your own knowledge to developing basic construction drawings themselves as well as supervising elements of packages using AutoCAD / Civil3D software and be able to work within a team under the direction of Senior staff on large scale projects.
They will help you to plan a clear route to achieving your career aspirations, providing you with continued professional development, identifying your specific training needs, and supporting these by ensuring you work alongside skilled and experienced colleagues in the office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 2 years post graduate experience in the highway infrastructure design industry, ideally preparing detailed designs for highway infrastructure projects through the Section 278/38 agreement process
- Experience in Section 278/38 and Section 104 design and procedures
- Knowledge of DMRB and TSGD
- Knowledge of Manual for Streets and relevant Highway standards
- Basic experience of Civil 3D and/or Microdrainage.
- Awareness of Vertical Design standards
- Awareness of Drainage Design standards
- Desire to be Chartered through relevant Professional Bodies (eg CIHT,CILT, TPP)
On offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Apply today to be considered for this position or contact Michael Power at RGB for more info. We are always keen to here from those with relevant experience within Highways, Infrastructure and Transport so if you feel this vacancy is not quite right but would like to discuss your options then you can submit your CV and we will get in touch with you to discuss.