Senior Transport Planner
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Transport Planner to join the Development Planning team in Central London. The Development Planning and Engineering Team provide transport services throughout the development lifecycle from site feasibility and due diligence through to planning applications, implementation and monitoring. This role is a full time permanent role to be located in Central London. The London office is one of our central hubs for our global consultancy services, and we work closely with our colleagues in our regional offices. We value a healthy work life balance, as such we have the option of flexible working hours.
The Development Planning Team specialise in spatial planning, masterplanning and planning applications. From initial site identification and due diligence we prepare feasibility studies and support the development of masterplans. We then go on to prepare supporting transport documents for planning applications and post planning negotiate with local authority bodies and work to discharge conditions and prepare highway designs for implementation.
As a Senior Development Transport Planner / Principal Development Planning Consultant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of Access Strategies, Transport Scoping Studies, Statements & Assessments, Travel Plans and preliminary infrastructure designs.
- Work with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals throughout the development life cycle; providing services from site feasibility through to project completion.
- Managing projects on a day to day basis
- Supervising work, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that is managed to programme and budget.
- Complete junction and spreadsheet modelling and other transport related activities.
- Representing the company at technical meetings.
- Overseeing data collection and undertaking site visits as appropriate.
- Data handling and manipulation using MS Office products.
- Preparing supporting drawings and diagrams.
- Client management and work winning.
- Preparing bids and assisting in the preparation of major bids and tenders as part of a wider bid team.
- Overseeing, supporting and reviewing the work of junior members of staff and their professional development.
- Producing feasibility and preliminary designs for traffic and infrastructure works related to new developments.
The company offers a range of flexible benefits as well as a competitive salary. The London office is a sociable office with more than 200 staff currently across different disciplines.