Senior Engineering Technician / Civil Engineer
RGB is representing a growing UK Wide Engineering Consultancy that have an opening for a Senior Engineering Technician / Engineer to join the vibrant Civils team based in their Northampton office on a permanent basis.
The Northampton office leads on a multitude of exciting Development and Infrastructure projects for a wide range of clients from large mixed-use, residential or business development projects through to smaller redevelopment sites. Coupled with a fast-paced team environment, this opportunity is well suited to an experienced Senior Engineering Technician or an ambitious Assistant Engineer looking to step-up into a new position in a highly respected consultancy.
The role is to provide a pro-active supporting function to the senior level engineering staff. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure for public and private sector development schemes and you will have the opportunity run your own projects.
The role sits between the senior staff and the technician positions and so the successful candidate will be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
Capabilities and Qualifications:
- Support the production of Drainage/Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects and assist in securing S278/S38 and S104 technical approvals
- Delegate and manage the technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
- Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time, reporting to the project manager
- Deliver projects within budget constraints
- Prepare and manage delivery of technical reports
- The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 3 - 4 years’ experience.
- The candidate will require:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or HNC.
- Be working towards Incorporated or Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Experience of Section 38, 278 and 104 processes
- Have experience of preparing highway designs and specifications
- Have experience in detailed drainage and SuDs design using Microdrainage
- Experience of the delegation and management of technician resources
- Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports and applying QA procedures
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
- The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
- Be a competent user of ACAD and Civil 3D.
- Have experience of DMRB Manual for Streets, British Standards and Sewers for Adoption.
On offer is a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.