Principal Highways Engineer - Manchester
As Principal Design Engineer this role will involve managing the delivery of highway schemes and solutions. The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
You will be expected to be technically competent in dealing with all types of infrastructure projects and be able to manage people and projects. In particular you will be expected to be able to manage project teams and undertake the day to day Client liaison and management on projects. You will contribute towards the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
The Northern design team operates out of the Manchester office with major private sector clients and an increasing public sector workload, the role would require the flexibility to work between both offices as workload requires.
The workload is wide ranging and covers all aspects of highway design from; feasibility to construction supervision and include minor highway improvements to major new road and infrastructure schemes.
- Management of infrastructure projects.
- Developing innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Inspiring junior staff to develop innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Proactively contributing to the technical development of the design function in the UK.
- Providing technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:
Develop the technical skills of junior staff; and
- Ensure consistency in technical quality from junior staff.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- The day-to-day management of the junior members of the design function in the UK
- Identification of business opportunities
- Preparation of fee proposals
Specific Education and Technical competences:-
- Relevant degree and extensive relevant post qualification experience on Highways Projects such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements.
- At, or working towards, Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- Ability to prepare briefs and manage project costs and budgets.
- Working knowledge of design standards - DMRB, MfS.
- Understanding of highway design software, such as Civil 3D, WINDES, etc.
- Working knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices.
- Knowledge of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable construction practices.
On offer is a competitive package which will include a range of corporate benefits.
For more information contact Michael Power at RGB Network.