Senior or Principal Transport Planner
RGB are working with an established Engineering Consultancy who are looking to set up a Transport Planning division in their Surrey office.
The company have a strong forward workload and as a result are looking to build a Transport planning team starting with the appointment of a Senior or Principal Transport Planner.
As a company they primary deliver civil and structural design on projects ranging in value up to £200million. The role is ideally suited to an experienced transport planner who will lead the development of a transportation capability within the business. You should have extensive experience in the realm of transport planning and should be able to apply your skills in production of transport assessments/statements, production of travel plans, feasibility input, liaison highway engineers as well as having the confidence to undertake business development to grow the team.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Produce, manage and execute a business plan for the development of a transportation team in conjunction with the Infrastructure team leader.
- Produce and/or oversee the production of transport assessments / statements, travel plans, feasibility studies, master planning input, accessibility studies, sustainable transport strategies, parking strategies, building delivery strategies.
- Project manage the delivery of transportation projects
- Provide internal seminars to raise awareness of transportation to the wider business
- Mentor staff and support their career development as the team is grown.
- Attend meetings and have regular interface with clients and other professionals
- Lead transport bids, and input into other bids as required
- To provide support and assistance to the line manager as appropriate
- Undertake business development to grow the transportation offering
- Upon successful measures being achieved and business growth in this area we may look to develop a small transport team.
- Admin support will be made available.
- Have a proven track record in managing transport planning projects for a minimum of five years.
- In depth understanding of the planning process and requirements.
- Experience of full project management cycle on projects.
- You will have strong writing skills and demonstrable experience in presenting technical assessments in reports, statements and plans for projects of all types and sizes.
- Understanding and interest in sustainability and how we can use this in our designs.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and monitor workloads to achieve project outcomes.
The salary and package is negotiable as they are looking for the right candidate for this unique opportunity and are happy to negotiate to the right level. There is an extensive benefits package available also.
For more information contact Michael Power on 0207 932 2800.