Assistant Transport Planner - Central London
RGB Network are currently representing a medium sized engineering consultancy in their search to employ an Assistant Transport Planner to join their Central London office.
RGB have assisted this business on a good number of occassions for Transport Planning recruitment. They are currently in need of an Assistant Transport Planner who has around 2 years' experience within the development planning industry. Their team currently consists of 10 members at all levels, and they are looking to grow further due to an inflow of new projects. They would allow you to come into the team as an Assistant Transport Planner and get full exposure on these projects, to provide you a solid foundation of experience at an early stage of your career.
In this opportunity as an Assistant Transport Planner, whilst coordinating with their Civil & Structural engineering teams, you would be providing expert transport adivse on a range of private sector developments. Examples include; production of transport assessments & travel plans on a residential mized-use scheme consisting of 500 resi units and 170 sqm of commercial floorspace.
Key responsibilities as an Assistant Transport Planner:
- undertaking site visits and site audits - collating the information collected
- contributing towards the preparation of Transport Statements, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans along with contributions to Environmental Statements
- liaison with clients, third parties and Local Authority Planning and Highway Officers
- design of traffic, parking and travel surveys along with analysis of survey data
- use of trip generation databases, contributing towards the production of multi-modal trip generation and assignment exercises
- Understanding of traffic modelling techniques an interpretation of traffic model output for us in the preparation of Transport Assessments
Key skills & knowledge required:
- relevant degree (Bachelor’s or Masters in Civil Engineering, Geography or Transport Planning is desirable)
- relevant work experience within a consultancy environment as a Transport Planner
- technical awareness in the areas of Development Planning work including Transport Assessments and Statements, junction modelling and preliminary design and Travel Planning
- good written and verbal communication skills
- knowledge of the planning process and regulatory framework
- basic traffic modelling techniques
- basic knowledge of junction/highway design standards
- basic use of AutoCAD and AutoTrack.
You would recieve direct mentoring and training from the Associates & Directors heading up the team, to help you progress further within their company. For the right Assistant Transport Planner, they are offering a competitive salary package for this role ranging between; £28,000 to £35,000 (DoE).
If you are interested to hear more about this or similar Transport Planner opportunities then please get in touch with Parvez Miah at RGB Network on 0207 932 2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org