RGB are representing a leading Dublin based consultancy looking to employ a transportation engineer with 3-4 years’ due to a significant and expanding workload in their traffic and transportation engineering department. A forward thinking company with a large market share in Dublin’s busy building sector they are growing the office which is currently circa 150 staff. Salary and package to be discussed following an established level of interest from both sides, as the candidate strengths will determine.
- The design of bus priority schemes (preliminary and detailed design)
- The design of cycle lanes and other cycle facilities (preliminary and detailed)
- The design of various traffic management schemes (including environmental improvement and traffic calming schemes of towns and villages)
- Accessibility Audits (identifying and solving problems for the mobility impaired and disabled
- Providing assistance to other departments (roads layouts for developments, car park design, service yard design)
- Preparation of Transportation Impact Assessments (TIA’s) for developments of varying sizes
The traffic section works on the principle of giving the client a quality service, by being responsive to their requests and above all providing the correct solution to their problems. This is achieved by having a team of engineers working closely together to discuss problems and achieve solutions. Good relationships have been developed with the many local authorities that we work with on a regular basis; we work on the principle that they are the first company that they think of when they require traffic management consultancy services.
The successful candidate will be involved in providing services ranging from transportation assessments, traffic engineering and management through to the design of urban traffic control systems.
The following will be required of the successful candidate:
- At least 3 years traffic and transport engineering experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally be proficient in the use of ARCADY, PICADY, OSCADY and TRANSYT
- A current drivers licence is essential
If this role is of interest please call Ross on 0044 (0)2895 905 199 or 0044 (0)7969 456 742.