RGB are representing structural design consultancy who have a vacancy for a civil/structural technician to work on the design and inspection of new buildings, building refurbishment and building conservation projects.
Current new build projects include multi-storey residential, single-family, industrial and public buildings as well as infrastructure for housing development. Current conservation projects include the stabilisation of ruined medieval churches and the adaptation, repair and re-use of former industrial buildings and country houses. You will be part of a team of engineers and technicians working on a mixture of large and small projects, mostly office-based but with regular travel to sites. This will necessitate occasional early starts and/or late finishes. Typically you will follow a project from beginning to end and will be given as much responsibility as you can handle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Sketching/outline drawing to communicate design intent – within the team and to clients and contractors
- Topographical and measured surveys of existing buildings and structures (this will include climbing ladders, entering roof spaces and working at height on MEWPs)
- Preparation of general arrangement and detail drawings, concrete reinforcement and structural steel details and schedules
- Assisting in the preparation of specifications, letters, progress and technical reports (including to demonstrate building regulations compliance);
- Preparation of tender documentation for works projects;
- Dealing with contractors’ queries;
- Visiting sites – climbing scaffolding, inspecting and recording works in progress and reporting on same;
Level 6 qualification in civil/structural engineering;
Experience and knowledge of AutoCAD
Knowledge of the current Building Regulations and relevant health and safety legislation;
Full, clean driving licence;
Fluent English, with a high level of written, oral and graphic communication skillsPreferred Qualifications:
Experience and knowledge of REVIT and/or SketchUp
Experience of steel and reinforced concrete detailing
Member of Engineers Ireland and/or Institution of Structural Engineers, Institution of Civil Engineers
Experience and/or an interest in building conservation
If you do not hold a registered professional title, you will be expected to actively pursue the registered title (engineering technician) at the earliest opportunity.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If of interest please call Ross on +44 (0)2895 905 199 for further details.