A leading Building Services consultancy with almost 50 years experience now has a vacancy available for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer. This particular job will be based at their office in South London.
The consultancy currently employs in excess of 60 staff across 2 offices and predominantly operates in the commercial and residential markets. Projects include both new build and refurbishments. Due to their reputation within the market they’ve developed an impressive client list and can offer their engineers the chance to work on projects of varying sizes on their own or as part of a larger project team.
Key responsibilities for the Intermediate Mechanical Engineer job role:
- Supporting senior staff in the design of mechanical HVAC systems, preparing drawings, specifications and product schedules for projects from inception to completion.
- Checking tender submissions, drawings and technical submittals to ensure quality of products and equipment are in accordance with design.
- Undertaking site visits and monitoring progress against the design with minimal supervision.
- Monitoring workload against deliverables.
- Assisting with planning work schedules to meet project programmes.
- Building relationships and contacts with potential sources of new work, maintaining existing relationships.
- On occasion, assisting with the delivery of presentations and pitches.
You should have an understanding and experience of the following:
- BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, the CDM Regulations and BREEAM and renewable technologies.
- Fully conversant with the CIBSE Guides.
- A reasonable understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines, other than your own, sufficient to understand their impact in the overall design, and converse at a reasonable level.
- A flair for working on smaller and quick turnaround projects and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Hevacomp or IES, Outlook.
- Knowledge AutoCAD and Revit.
- A high level of attention to detail and a good level of oral and written communication.
- Experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidations, etc.).
Please contact James Bramfitt at RGB Network should you wish to apply to this Intermediate Mechanical Engineer job vacancy.