A leading Building Services consultancy with almost 50 years experience now has a vacancy available for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer. This particular job will be based at their office in South London.
The consultancy currently employs in excess of 60 staff across 2 offices and predominantly operates in the commercial and residential markets. Projects include both new build and refurbishments. Due to their reputation within the market they’ve developed an impressive client list and can offer their engineers the chance to work on projects of varying sizes on their own or as part of a larger project team.
The Intermediate Electrical Engineer job responsibilities will include:
- Supporting senior staff in the design of electrical systems, preparing drawings, specifications and product schedules for projects from inception to completion.
- Checking tender submissions, drawings and technical submittals to ensure quality of products and equipment are in accordance with design.
- Undertaking site visits and monitoring progress against the design with minimal supervision.
- Building relationships and contacts with potential sources of new work, maintaining existing relationships.
- On occasion, assisting with the delivery of presentations and pitches.
Suitable Electrical Engineer candidates must be able to demonstrate the following technical knowledge and skills:
- An understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, the CDM Regulations and BREEAM and renewable technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant British Standards publications such as BS 7671, BS 5839 and BS 5266.
- A flair for working on smaller and quick turnaround projects and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Trimble (formerly Amtech) or Cymap, DIALux or similar.
- Preferably conversant with and able to use AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidations, etc.).
- A high level of attention to detail and a good level of oral and written communication.
Please contact James Bramfitt at RGB Network should you wish to apply to this Intermediate Electrical Engineer job vacancy.