One of the leading award winning international multidisciplinary consultancies now has a vacancy available for a Senior Energy Engineer to join its office in London.
This vacancy is to work within the energy team in the consultancy’s Building Services division where you will specifically be involved with the delivery of energy generation and district heating networks from design stages through to completion on site. Projects will include the design of new build energy facilities as well as the improvement of existing ones to assist clients in reducing their energy consumption and environmental impact.
The business is one of the world’s premier engineering consultancies who are involved with high profile projects both in the UK and internationally in the healthcare, residential, commercial and financial services industries.
The Senior Energy Engineer job role:
- Be involved in leading and assisting with the design of energy generation and distribution systems through all stages of a project from energy strategy and feasibility through to site completion;
- Lead multidisciplinary teams in Energy Engineering projects. Responsible for leading the interface with the client, project team and other stakeholders;
- Assess feasibility of medium to large scale energy systems, such as large steam or hot water boilers, heat distribution networks, controls, plant-rooms, thermal storage and fuel storage etc;
- Assist with design and delivery of on-site electricity generation and distribution systems, including selection of prime movers and plant sizing etc;
- Integrate energy generation into building developments;
- Commercially evaluate different energy systems;
- Produce high quality reports in clear English;
- Lead and assist with the production of drawings and specifications;
- Survey and evaluate existing buildings and energy systems;
- Keep up to date with developments in the energy sector;
- Coordinate work with Engineers of other disciplines.
Experience required for the Senior Energy Engineer vacancy:
- Have experience in leading and assisting with the design of energy generation and distribution systems through all stages of a project from energy strategy and feasibility through to site completion
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering Energy Engineering
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
Please contact James Bramfitt at RGB Network should you wish to apply to this Senior Energy Engineer job vacancy.