Senior Structural Engineer
£45,000 - £55,000
A senior structural engineer is sought to join the building structures division of this national multi-disciplined property consultancy. The position is available due to increasing workload and growing demands on the existing team.
* Report to and take direction from Partner/Associate in Civil and Structural Engineering Group
* Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Partner
* Act as lead or sole designer as appropriate to size of particular project
* Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc. as required in connection with the running of projects
* Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables
* Supervise and mentor more junior engineers and technician staff in the team
* Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports in good English on findings with appropriate recommendations
* When required by the Partner, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
* Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group
* Assist in preparing design programmes for production deliverables
* Attend Client and Design team meetings as necessary
o First or 2.1 Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
o Minimum of 5 years design experience on building structures projects in UK
o Experience of leading a team including junior engineers and technicians
o Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber
o Experience of refurbishment and change of use designs as well as new build work
o Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction
o Able to produce written reports in good English
o Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, etc.)
o Hold current UK driving licence
If you meet most of these requirements then apply now as they want to bring their new senior engineer on board ASAP.