RGB are working with a multi-disciplined contractor who are looking for a Lead Electrical Building Services Design Engineer to join their Dartford office on a permanent basis.
They predominantly work on commercial, banking and retail projects but have an impressive portfolio that covers a range of sectors and vary in value from £40k to £6m on average.
They are looking for a candidate with at least 5 years’ experience in electrical design and someone who has the ability to lead and mentor a small team of engineers. The successful candidate will have experience in a client facing environment and be able to work to under pressure to help ensure the team meets their deadlines.
- HNC/D or Degree qualified.
- IEng or CEng is desirable.
- Membership of MIET/MCIBSE is desirable.
- Great team working ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with MS Office, Dialux/Relux, Trimble and AutoCAD/Revit.
Summary of the role:
- Representing the business at client meetings, liaising with stakeholders and professional teams alike.
- Review and sign off design submissions.
- Development of electrical systems.
- Cable calculations including discrimination studies/diversity calculations/voltage drop/overcurrent selection.
- Lighting calculations including Lux values/uniformity values.
- Assisting with production of contractors proposals – detailed specifications and supporting drawings/schematics.
- Liaison with Mechanical team for power/containment requirements and co‐ordination.
- Liaison with the Estimating team for tender assessments and pricing purposes.
- Survey and report on existing electrical installations and identify customer requirements.
- Highlight changes in standards/legislation and report to the business.
This company is offering between £45k and £55k dependent on the experience of the successful candidate.
Please contact David Hilditch at RGB Network for more information.