My client was formed in 2003 after a number of specialist design engineers joined in order to strengthen its existing in-house capabilities. It now has a highly experienced team made up of professional civil and structural engineering staff with many years’ experience in the assessment, design and construction of major development projects.
They currently offer the following engineering expertise: infrastructure and pre-acquisition engineering assessments, highways, drainage, structural and civil design, statutory utilities negotiations, flood risk and transport assessments.
- Infrastructure Engineer within design team on designated projects, reporting to Principal Engineer.
- Prepare infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Understand role within design team and timescales available for undertaking required works.
- Undertake negotiations with Local and Drainage Authority Engineers on design for adoptable works (Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278).
- Understand and implement designs on private areas to comply with current Codes of Practice.
- In conjunction with the design team, assist in the scheme design / value engineering of each project to ensure the client requirements are met by the most viable option.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- On-going experience in drawing production in accordance with standard procedures.
- Practical understanding of civil engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of PDS for highway design and ground modelling.
- Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D desirable but not essential.
- Experience in the production and preparation of Flood Risk Assessments desirable but not essential.
- Experience working for an engineering consultancy.
- Prior knowledge of the full engineering / development process.
- Experienced in the design of roads and sewers.
- Experienced in the design of residential developments
- Educated to degree or HNC level.
- Working towards professional qualifications.
If you would like to hear more about this vacancy please contact George Hale via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7932 2800.