CHP Engineer – London & M25 – 42k
I am currently representing a well-established and growing organisation within the HVAC industry. We have a prestigious variety of contracts covering London and the Home Counties. Head office is based Essex, however the majority of customer base and work is located within the M25 and Central London. They currently have a central core of fifteen mobile engineers with various different skill sets, now looking to expand to seventeen multi skilled engineers.
- Working predominantly within the M25, carrying out routine servicing work on a range of CHP systems in the range of 30kW to 400Kw to include monitoring, diagnostics and repairs.
- Providing technical support to the Heat Network Management Team, Operations and Projects in all aspects of CHP systems.
- Liaising with end Clients, Developers and Manufacturers in matters arising from the CHP system where required, where you will be the lead primary engineer.
- Working with a range of hot water systems, CHP, BMS, boilers, LV power generation & distribution systems
- On occasions, assisting other trades in their roles as and when required.
- Salary: Up to £42,000 (plus OTE additional £5k in overtime)
- Hours: 8am – 5pm
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location of work: 99% inside of M25
- Call out Rota: Approximately 1 week in 7
- Overtime rate: Time and a half or double time plus standby allowance of £150
- Competitive salary (weekly paid)
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Bonus incentive schemes
- Fully equipped van less than 3 years old (Transit or similar) plus tools and specialist equipment
- Uniform, phone, tablet, fuel card, parking credit card
- Child care voucher scheme
- Auto enrolment pension
- Training and development
- Sickness insurance scheme after probation period
- Full technical support & management
- Investors in People accredited
- You will also need to be living within commutable distance to Central London.
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems, including cable calculations (17th Edition), G59 regulations and competent understanding of circuit diagrams.
- Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps including curves and performance, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations. Heating system strategies and associated BMS controls.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience relevant experience as a CHP engineer or similar role, including knowledge of combustion processes (lean burn/stoichiometric).
- Gas safe understanding is desirable along with knowledge of flue design, ventilation calculations and emissions regulations (CO, NOx, etc) Gas safe registered.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification is desirable.
- IEE 17/18th Edition Qualified is desirable