THE COMPANY –
SALARY & PACKAGE
- London based construction company
- Turn over about £27m
- Specialise in Office fit out, High End Residential and High End Education
- 90% of their work is within Zone 1-6
- Cash rich business
- 40 guys in total on the books, 4 on the M&E side. Also use a lot of sub contractors.
- Projects will range from £100k to £10M. The M&E value tends to be around 50% of this.
- They are currently tendering for 2X £15m projects to start as of next year.
- Most projects are large commercial office fitouts but they have undertaken high end residential, education and data centres but from an M&E perspective this doesn't change too drastically.
- £55k - £65k salary
- Zones 1-6 travel card
- Season card loan
- 25days holidays + BH
- Ample progression
- will work alongside the head technical service manager for the first 6 months to become familiar with the projects.
Looking to bring in a Technical Services Manager/ senior project manager to start ASAP. They split the business into 2 different sectors:
- Traditional – site based, head up the design and development and take the project form tender to completion.
- Self-delivering – They bring the tender in house, sort the materials, labour, design & coordination, costings. This is to bring down their margin. This is for more of their small to medium sized properties.
This a very varied role. There would be coordination, planning, estimation, tendering, project management and document control all involved.
Each manager has a couple of projects to oversee at one time. Key things would be;
- Good at presenting and meeting both clients and subcontractors
- IT (email, word, excel etc.)
- Happy to work in both site and office( predominately site based)
- Understanding of installation and drawings
- Understand how to price projects as some estimating and variation costing will be required
- Experience in tendering for projects
- Document control capabilities as would need to track progress and design development
Within the next 1-2 years the intention would be that the person would become Lead TSM and essentially pickup the running of the M&E department.
The candidate must be client facing, be presentable, articulate, able to writes emails professionally.