A leading multidisciplinary property consultancy now has a vacancy available for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join its office in Cambridge.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer job will pay up to £53,000 (depending on experience).
- Has been trading for over 50 years.
- Employ over 300 staff across 8 offices.
- Key project sectors include commercial, residential and education.
- Key services include Building Services, Civil & Structural Engineering, Building Surveying, Architecture and Cost & Project Management.
The Senior Electrical Engineer job role will include:
- To provide support for the growing team in the Cambridge offices, working on projects situated locally as well as further afield. The coverage area typically extends from Cambridge to Oxford to the west, southwards into London and north to Birmingham, which gives a large catchment area for potential future work.
- The current work is predominantly large residential schemes working directly for developers but the vision will be to further diversify our work streams into other markets such as the education, leisure and commercial sectors.
- The role is considered strategically import to the growth of the team in Cambridge and a key step in the further planned expansion of the team, with this role would be seen providing both essential support to the current management structure and also bringing the necessary engineering expertise to the team for future mentoring of younger engineers as and when they are appointed.
- Client and design team liaison
- Design planning and management
- Electrical design calculations
- Drawing preparation for CAD team (CAD/BIM services via central resource)
- Specification writing (both NBS and bespoke to suit project)
- Technical review of information produced by others
- Checking of installation stage design working information produced by others
- Attendance at design and site stage meetings
- On-site installation inspections and defects scheduling
- Handover procedure and witness testing
Please contact James Bramfitt at RGB should you wish to apply to this Senior Electrical Engineer job vacancy.