We have a vacancy for a Graduate Engineer that is passionate about starting their career journey in a consultancy environment. Our client has an established training culture and operates under a structure of coaching, mentoring and collaboration. The variety in workload and multi discipline structure presents opportunities to gain experience on a wide variety of projects.
They have 4 offices across the country employing a total of 45 engineers with projects ranging from £124k to £20m. Our client is keen on promoting personal qualifications and will offer you support to get charted.
In their Northampton office they have 34 engineers that work in 2 different departments, 6 in civil engineering and 18 in structural design. Their have a friendly, collaborative and multicultural office with people from Portugal, Poland, Nigeria, Croatia, Romania, etc.
Their predominant type of project is domestic, they work on multimillion £ houses and high-end refurbishments as well us low-rise blocks of flats, care homes, restaurants, temporary works, shops, etc.
• Production of detailed design
• Working alongside Senior Structural Engineers.
• Undertake elemental design tasks, which may include calculations, drawings, sketches, and reports.
• Work with CAD/Revit Technicians for production of projects drawings.
• Attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
• Take guidance from Senior Staff and contribute to overall project delivery/success.
• Ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance with design codes of practice.
The successful candidate:
• Meng/MSc or BEng/BSc University Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering
• Work Placement or post qualification experience beneficial.
• Effective time-management skills
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Effective communicator and problem solver.
• Ability to liaise with members of design / construction teams.