Fed up of living in town, why not work in for a well-established civil consultancy that are based in the Sussex countryside and are only 10miles from the coast!!
Graduate/Junior Civil Engineer
Salary : up to £30k (DOE)
A Civil Engineering design and transport planning consultancy that has been around for over 3 decades is looking for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join their team in their Sussex country side based office, which is only 10 miles from the coast!!. The company is a medium sized consultancy with a workforce of 30 and a well-established client base.
Due to a significant increase in work load in their large housing development (100-2000 units)portfolio, they are now looking to further expand their team.
As the Graduate/Junior Civil Engineer you will help support the Senior Engineers in the drainage/ infrastructure/ highways design for residential/commercial development projects , but will also have the support of the Senior Civil Engineer and technicians reporting to the Director and will be carrying out the following duties:
- Work as a key member of a design team in preparation of the following elements of roadway and highway design using local regulations: horizontal and vertical alignment, intersection layout and sight distance determination, interchange layout, roadway drainage, and right-of-way plans.
- Full drainage strategy design and integration with existing networks.
- Work with a team reporting to the Senior Engineer in the preparation of plans, specifications and estimate for projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Liaise with the design team and the Director to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
Skills and Experience
- 0-3 years’ experience in Highway/Drainage design experience including Section 278 and Section 38 process would be desirable.
- Knowledge on national, regional and local rules and regulations on highway design.
- Experience using Auto-cad, PDS and SUDS software packages would be desirable.
- Experience using Micro Drainage.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Educational qualifications such as BEng ,MEng, BSC in fluid dynamic or below ground engineering courses.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a consultancy that will offer you the support and training needed to help the rest of the team on all design aspects of the commercial/residential development projects. You will also have the opportunity to liaise with clients on a day to day basis with your colleagues.
If you are an interested Graduate/Junior Civil Engineer then please contact me, Vincent Murie, a specialist civil engineering consultant on 0207 932 2800 or email me your CV to email@example.com