Electrical bias Continental Shift engineer -£40k - Watford
Overview of Accountabilities
- Continental Shift – Days & Nights
- 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off days & then same pattern on nights.
- The role pays up to £40,000 per annum.
- 20 days holiday
- 3% pens, 1 x life assurance,
- Plenty of opportunity for overtime
- Role start date is asap
To provide a high quality, comprehensive maintenance, reactive, project management and health and safety service to the client.
• Provide a complete M&E maintenance management service including the organisation and
completion of all M&E maintenance and reactive works to a high quality.
• Provide input and support into major projects.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory regulations and requirements.
• The Building Services Engineer will report to the Pareto FM Account Director. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The first line of response for all associated M&E and Fabric issues.
- Carry out regular and periodic inspections (including all statutory, mandatory requirements and
insurance inspections) to maintain the efficiency and safety of M&E installations including fire
safety, fire fighting equipment and security systems. Liaise with client staff over specific
- Carry out all necessary maintenance works on M&E services and installations including electrical systems, heating and hot water installations, fire alarms and security systems, works machines, lifts and any other relevant systems etc.
- Assist the client in setting maintenance priorities, forward programmes and budgets.
- Take responsibility for the preparation and tendering of delegated planned maintenance projects.
Prepare schedules and specifications (following agreed procedures) and place orders. Audit,
supervise/ check works on completion; monitor expenditure against delegated budgets and agree
- Liaise with budget holders and site staff to ensure maximum efficiency in callout, supervision and certification of the work done.
- Where requested provide technical M&E advice and support to the client.
- Prepare annual and periodic cost estimates for M&E maintenance, running costs, minor works and Experience
- Must have relevant experience in completing PPM and Reactive tasks.
- Should have experience in supervising contracts and managing small projects. Must have experience in dealing with clients at a high level. Experience in working to agreed targets within a commercial environment.
Skills, knowledge and aptitudes
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Must be able to work unsupervised to a high quality.
- Able to design new systems and additions to existing installations.
- Some knowledge of mechanical engineering and building construction.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Must have reasonable understanding of construction and health and safety knowledge and