Senior Mechanical Bias Project Manager- London
THE COMPANY –
SALARY & PACKAGE
- London based Leading Tier 1 M&E Contractor
- Turnover in excess of £128m
- Specialise in M&E fit out, Cat A and Cat B within data centres, critical environments and high end commercial Offices.
- Over 200 employees
- 90% of their work is within London and the south east
- Cash rich business
- Projects range on average from £4M to £50M.
- £65 - £72k basic salary
- Train fares paid
- 8% company Pension contribution
- 25days holidays + BH
- Ample progression
- Car allowance
- Profit based bonus
- Laptop and company phone
- Expenses paid
My Client is a leading London based M&E Contractor with over a £128M yearly turnover.
Due to sheer growth they are now currently looking for an experienced Mechanical bias Project Manager to Join their team managing Mechanical Projects within the Data centre environment IDEAL PROJECT MANAGER:
- Must have Previous experience working on large Mechanical projects in excess of £8M- £10M with proven accountability
- Must be able to Project manage and self-deliver from conception/ pre construction to completion (cradle to grave)
- Proven track record in Project managing Mechanical/ M&E Projects in Commercial environment ( ideally data centres or critical environments)
- A Mechanical background with relevant qualifications to include an HND, HNC or BSc in mechanical engineering (HVAC) or equivalent, with proven accountability on their previous projects.
- Extensive experience in large scale project delivery
- Mechanical / M&E experience in a construction environment
- You will have a proven history of being accountable for high value project delivery.
- Be able control overall delivery of projects from pre-commencement to successful practical completion.
- The Senior Project Manager will control the overall operational delivery of a project (or part thereof), up to the total value of £15million+, taking account of the safety, technical, commercial and managerial requirements; from bid and pre-commencement through to successful practical completion.
- Ensuring that profitability is maintained or improved through effective leadership, high quality customer relations and management of relevant support functions allocated to the project
- HS - Provide the appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities
- Team Leadership - Provide leadership for the project delivery teams within the area of control on the projects in line with company standards and values working to maximise the potential of the teams and the individuals within them.
- Compliance - Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations.
- Business Planning Budgeting - Provide input in the preparation of the business plans and budgets based on the initial contract parameters and objectives, supporting the senior
- management in the overall control for successful budgeting against agreed plans which maximises profit opportunities.
- Monthly Reviews - Provide appropriate input to all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the senior management have full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the project.
- Completion of Projects - Manage the successful completion of the project / area under control in line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints.
- Relationships with Customers - Maintaining positive relationships with the project customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
- Technical - Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements.