We have a vacancy for a Graduate Engineer that is passionate about starting their career journey in a consultancy environment. Our client has an established training culture and operates under a structure of coaching, mentoring and collaboration. The variety in workload and multi discipline structure presents opportunities to gain experience on a wide variety of projects.
Our client works on commercial, residential, domestic projects, temporary works as well as projects from the public sector. They predominantly use steel and timber, but they regularly use masonry, reinforced concrete and other materials as well.
They employ a total of 8 engineers, 2 on the civils department and 6 on the structural department out of which 3 of them are seniors and the other 3 are juniors.
Our client is keen on promoting personal qualifications and will offer you support to get charted. They have a friendly and collaborative office.
• Production of detailed design work for Design & Principal Engineering Staff.
• Undertake elemental design tasks, which may include calculations, drawings, sketches, and reports.
• Work with CAD/Revit Technicians for production of projects drawings.
• Attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
• Take guidance from Senior Staff and contribute to overall project delivery/success.
• Ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance with design codes of practice.
The successful candidate:
• Minimum MEng (Hons) University Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering
• Work Placement or post qualification experience beneficial.
• Effective time-management skills
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Effective communicator and problem solver.
• Ability to liaise with members of design / construction teams.