Chartered Structural Engineer (or near chartered)
Our client is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Chartered Structural Engineer who is eager to advance rapidly to Partner level with the opportunity to play a pivotal role in steering the company's future. The ideal candidate will be locally based or within easy commuting distance.
Their projects include housing flats, with a project distribution of 30% new builds and 70% refurbishments of buildings.
- Work on a variety of projects involving housing flats, with a project split of 30% new builds and 70% refurbishments of buildings.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of UK Eurocodes in the design and analysis of structures.
- Prepare comprehensive Structural Reports for both domestic and commercial projects.
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and draughting staff.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and growth of the company.
- Maintain a balance between technical responsibilities and managerial duties.
Softwares used by the company:
- Chartered Engineer status or nearing chartership.
- Proven experience in handling projects of varying scales and complexities, with a focus on housing flats and building refurbishments.
- Proficiency in working with steel, concrete, masonry, and timber structures.
- Strong communication skills and ability to prepare clear and concise Structural Reports.
- Local residence or within easy commuting distance.
- Knowledge of UK Eurocodes for structural design.
- TEKLA TEDDS
- Graitec (Superstress)
- Wind design programs
- Timber design software
- Competitive remuneration with negotiable salary (salary range is £40k to £60k and it depends entirely on the candidates experience)
- Private health cover.
- Separate life cover.
- Opportunities for rapid career progression to Partner level.
- Work-life balance in a provincial office environment.
- Chance to influence the company's growth and direction.