Principal Structural Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000
Are you looking for a relaxed and contemporary working environment, with an emphasis on quality not quantity? My client is looking for an experienced structural engineer; a designer, a really good designer at Principal level with experience with building structures who is interested in progressing their career to Associate level in the next 2 years.
What’s equally as important is personality, you will need communication skills and a good sense of humour.
You can expect the following responsibilities:
- Detailed design and analysis duties on a variety of buildings from the property sector
- Leading projects and a design team
- Liaising with and providing direction to more junior members of the design team
- Communicating with contractors and architects
- Liaising with clients and answering queries
- Attending site meetings
- Gradually taking on more responsibility while you work into a position in senior management
You will be joining a talented local team of 25 engineers and technicians and will be working on everything from bespoke housing, conservation projects and framed buildings through to major city centre redevelopments. Schemes range up to £50m in value and are of significant local importance.
They need someone who is a natural technical lead either already working in a Principal role or is ready to move up into one. They have a contemporary approach to their work and there is a real focus on work/life balance and as such there is a flexible working policy along with regular staff social events.
All engineers are mentored by a Chartered Structural Engineers and are actively encouraged to work toward chartered status themselves.
This business has contemporary offices in North London and has a varied portfolio of projects.
You will ideally meet the following criteria:
- A relevant degree in civil or structural engineering
- Experience with industry standard software such as Fastrak,Tedds and Tekla
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the design process
- They are essentially looking for a commercially astute problem solver
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing structural consultancy in London with great prospects for personal and professional development. This practice is winning more and more work and needs talented engineers to help grow their team further.
This role comes with a salary of £50,000 - £60,000 + package depending on experience and hybrid working