My client oversees various construction projects throughout the UK, with 30 technical staff in their Hemel Hempstead and Didcot offices. They are currently looking for a new team member for their Hemel Hempstead office, where they work on diverse projects across sectors like commercial, R&D, energy, and residential, including new builds and refurbishments.
They collaborate with in-house teams in structural and civil engineering, traffic and transport engineering, building surveying, and geomatics.
Due to an expanding client portfolio, they seek a BIM leader to drive structural design with digital tools. Collaborate with colleagues, support projects, and advance your career. This role is ideal for experienced BIM Technicians.
- Production of accurate technical engineering drawings, working in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Liaison with Engineers, Architects, the Design team, and Contractors, in the delivery of projects through to completion as necessary, to help ensure each project is delivered on time, on budget and to the required standard.
- Work largely unsupervised and on own initiative, demonstrating good levels of self-motivation and productivity.
- Attend technical meetings with the external design team and assist in the technical aspects of projects, ensuring drawings, design information and other documents are prepared satisfactorily and to appropriate standards.
- Support senior staff in the discharge of their duties.
- Assisting with the preparation of fee proposals, including the accurate estimation of time required for each work item.
- Manage the workload of junior staff on a day-to-day basis, delegating appropriate tasks, providing coaching/mentoring/ motivation as necessary.
- Identify and pro-actively address the training needs of junior staff.
- Seek professional membership at an appropriate level – e.g EngTech/TIStructE.
- Assist with improving internal systems / standards/ software / working practices.
- Attending site visits when required.
- Work closely with other members of the team and report to the project director.
Salary and benefits:
- Be able to professionally represent the Company.
- You will have a proven track record in demonstrating a strong understanding of the wider engineering context of designs, drawings, and 3D models, while having awareness of structural engineering and building detailing
- Proficient in computer aided drawing (CAD) and the use of AutoCAD, excellent understanding of the application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and the use of Revit in the production of buildings and structural designs
- You will have experience in developing and assisting with the development of project CAD & BIM procedures and quality control. Awareness of UK Industry BIM, standards, protocols and procedures is ideal.
- A HNC/HND qualification in civil/structural engineering or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of commercial awareness in relation to cost-effective design solutions.
- Demonstrate an awareness of financial matters such as agreed fees and budget status and manage project costs accordingly
- Self- motivated team player with excellent people skills.
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly on the telephone
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports, and a pride in delivering quality work.
- Competitive salary: please keep in mind the salary range is just an indicator of the current market, salary will be discussed DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
- Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period)
- Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years services, up to a total of 28 days
- The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each year after one years’ service
- Long service awards including additional days off and cash awards
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Flexi-time working
- Paid professional membership
- Study leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Cinema Voucher Scheme
- Interest free loan for annual travel season ticket
- Yearly flu vaccine
- Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses, if require for solely for VDU work
- Regular CPD seminars held in house (with lunch provided)
- Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year
- Free refreshments, including tea, coffee, juice and fresh fruit
- Free on-site parking