Structural Design Engineer
£30,000 to £40,000 - Hybrid working
Based in Leeds this Consulting Structural Engineering firm are seeking a Full time Structural Engineer to assist in the design of Large Developments, Listed and Historic Buildings, Sustainable Engineering both new build and refurbishment in nature.
It is expected that the Structural Engineer will significantly contribute to the day-to-day preparation and delivery of technical design information in their Leeds office with full support and development from the senior engineers in the office.
The responsibilities of the Structural Engineer role include:
You will have:
- Liaising with other members of the design team (both internal and external)
- Liaising with contractors, clients, third party organisations and stakeholders, answering queries in relation to technical detailing
- Attendance at design, project progress, and client engagement meetings
- Structural design to all relevant British Standards and European Codes
- Producing preliminary design solutions and reviewing with clients as part of design strategy
- Producing detailed designs, calculations and specifications including GA and technical reviews
- Design in all forms of construction including steelwork, reinforced / precast concrete, masonry and timber
- Awareness of projects cost, programme and sustainability criteria
- Complying with designers' duties under the CDM Regulations
- Producing sketches, drawings and writing structural appraisal reports
- Minimum BSc/BEng in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
- UK post qualification experience in civil and structural engineering
- Full UK driving license and own transport
- Confidence and ability in team and project management
- Competence at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Aspirations for apply for chartered status with a relevant body (MICE or MIStructE)
To be considered for the role apply now for an immediate call back as interviews are taking place in the next 2 weeks.