Experienced Chartered Structural Engineer
My client is a structuralengineering firm based in Cambridgeshire, comprising a dynamic team of 20 individuals with a diverse range of experience, including recent graduates, mid-level professionals, and experienced senior engineers. Their projects encompass a variety of sectors, with a primary focus on residential and educational developments, ranging from small-scale housing extensions to multimillion-pound projects.
They are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chartered Engineer to join their team in a senior capacity. The ideal candidate will possess a wealth of knowledge and expertise across various project types and have a proven track record of success in delivering high-quality engineering solutions.
- Lead and contribute to a wide range of projects, from conception to completion, encompassing residential, commercial, educational, and historic preservation developments.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and team members.
- Undertake site visits and inspections, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and project specifications.
- Collaborate closely with architects, clients, and other stakeholders to ensure project objectives are met within budget and timeline constraints.
- Utilize Tekla software and other in-house tools effectively to optimize project workflows and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and innovation in engineering practices.
- Chartered Engineer (ICE/ IStructE) status with a minimum of 10 years of post-chartership experience.
- Extensive experience working across a variety of project types, including residential and educational developments.
- Proficiency in Tekla software is essential, with familiarity with other industry-standard engineering software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with clients and team members.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to undertake site visits as required, with a minimum commitment of four days per week in the office.
- Eligibility to work in the UK without sponsorship.
- Competitive salary in the range of £50,000 to £70,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Life assurance coverage.
- Company-provided mobile phone.
- 26 days of annual leave.
- Potential for one day per week remote work, subject to project requirements and team dynamics.