Building Physics Engineer
Office Location: Manchester
Salary: £35k - £45k (dependant on experience)
Join a pioneering MEP and Sustainability Engineering Consultancy, recognized for its leadership in transforming the built environment sustainably. With about 500 staff nationwide and a vibrant London office boasting diverse professionals, they’re dedicated to shaping a brighter future through sustainable engineering practices. Enjoy a fantastic company culture that fosters innovation, collaboration, and personal growth and benefit from hybrid and flexible working opportunities, empowering you to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
They are seeking individuals with strong analytical and creative thinking skills, capable of crafting innovative solutions to engineering challenges. A passion for sustainable design and a commitment to learning and growth are essential. While a background in math, science, or engineering is preferred, they welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds who are eager to make a difference in the building design industry.
Responsibilities of Building Physics Engineer include:
- Utilizing Integrated Environmental Solutions (IES) Virtual Environmental (VE) modelling software for various tasks, including UK Building Regulations energy assessments, operational energy assessments, overheating assessments, natural ventilation modelling, daylight modelling, BREEAM modelling, and NABERS modelling.
- Collaborating with the design team to develop modelling solutions within project constraints.
- Providing guidance and support to project engineers on modelling requirements and approaches.
- Ideally, candidates will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in IES-VE modelling, with knowledge of low-energy and passive design principles.
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering design is advantageous.
- Being a qualified Low Carbon Energy Assessor is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills are crucial for success in this role.
This is an opportunity an award-winning consultancy in their journey to create a more sustainable future while advancing your own career.
Please contact Calvin Smith at RGB Network for more information, or apply directly now.