Is a successful career progression and a healthy work life balance equally as important to you? Are you looking for good professional support in progressing professionally and achieving your Chartership status?
My well-respected and well-established client is currently looking out for a Junior / Intermediate Structural Engineer, similar to yourself.
The successful candidate will have an interest in working on a wide variety of projects including healthcare, retail, leisure, conversion of offices to flats, residential, retaining walls and much more. They will also be responsible for structural inspections, preparation of calculations and details, attendance at project meetings and report writing.
Successful candidate specifications:
- BEng/ MEng Civil/ Structural Engineering Qualification
- Minimum 3 years' industry specific work experience
- Design experience using Eurocodes and British Standards
- Experience in the structural design of reinforced concrete, steelwork, timber, and masonry buildings
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver multiple projects
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with colleagues, clients and other design team members
- Be responsible for directing CAD Technicians to produce the appropriate level of design information required
- Be working towards achieving Chartered Engineer status
- AutoCAD experience
- A full UK driving licence and access to their own transport
My client’s Norfolk office is a dynamic, friendly and collaborative environment specializing in structural engineering with a focus on residential, healthcare, retail and leisure projects. Led by their 2 esteemed Chartered Technical Directors, and supported by their team of Associates and principals and junior engineers and technicians, they take pride in their diverse portfolio of iconic projects. Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with architects, other engineers, and project managers to understand project requirements and constraints.
- Participate in project planning meetings to determine design parameters, goals, and timelines.
- Perform structural analysis using engineering software and manual calculations to ensure the stability, strength, and safety of structures.
- Create design drawings, specifications, and models using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Ensure that structural designs comply with relevant building codes, standards, and regulations.
- Stay updated on industry codes and guidelines to incorporate the latest best practices into designs.
- Address and resolve structural issues that may arise during the design or construction phase.
- Propose innovative solutions to overcome challenges and optimize structural performance. Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary packages
- Private Healthcare
- A contributory 4% Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Regular CPD events and training
- In-house mentoring for chartered membership of ICE or IStructE
If you happen to know anyone that might be interested, or if you’re currently looking for a role and like the sound of it, please do let me know through sending your updated CV and portfolio of work to this email;
Looking forward to reviewing your application!