Assistant Civil Engineer
RGB are working with a global consultancy who are looking for an Assistant Civil Engineers or Civil Engineer to join their team in London. The successful Civil Engineer shall be responsible for undertaking civil engineering tasks and projects as part of a team and work under other engineers in to deliver project or administrative task as required. They will be assuming a pivotal role within a small boutique civil engineering team in Central London.
Industry relevant Bachelor’s degree/ Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or internationally equivalent qualification
- Drainage design to schemes in an Urban or Greenfield setting including sustainable urban drainage and hydraulic modelling
- Grow familiar with Section 102 and 104 adoptions, 106 connection application and 185 diversion works
- Liaising with Statutory bodies including The Environment Agency on hydraulic matters pertaining to the development
- Sewers for Adoption 7th edition (SFA7th)
- Planning policy statement 25 (PPS25)
- Highway infrastructure design and adoption with particular attention to levels and drainage
- Liaising with the Council Highway agencies on highway issues pertaining to the development
- Section 38 adoption and 278 works.
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
- Road markings and Signage
- Liaise with other Designers/Drafters activities as required
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment for simulation purposes and to prepare engineering design documents
- Research design options and document findings
- Provide drawings for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters
- Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other engineers to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic and concept of the construction
- Undertake liaison with construction contractors to maintain the principles of the design in the works that are carried out
- not required but helpful
On offer are an exciting range of projects and well as a structures career path. For more information please contact Michael Power at RGB Network.
- AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Autodesk Autotrack