Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £50k dependent on experience
Building Services Consultancy
Royal Tunbridge Wells
A Building Services consultancy based in Tunbridge Wells are looking for a competent and enthusiastic Mechanical Design Engineer to join them at an exciting time for the business as they pick up larger projects and look to expand their team.
This consultancy has been established for over 10 years and they have built a great presence within the industry, they currently have a variety of large-scale projects including commercial, high-end residential, heritage and religious buildings. Being the sole consultancy for a number of loyal architects and project managers, both within the UK and across Europe, workflow has been constant throughout the pandemic and they have some exciting projects in the pipeline.
Summary of Mechanical Design Engineer role:
- You will collaboratively work on a variety of projects from concept/feasibility stage, through design and construction to commissioning and handover.
- You will work on a large commercial project for a sector of the government which is over 50 sites nationwide, you will get experience doing surveys and site visits on these. They also have a few large residential schemes, a synagogue, and more that you will be able to get your teeth stuck into.
- As part of your role, you will carry out Hevacomp calculations, themodynamic models, write clear and concise reports and generally take control of smaller projects.
- You must be able to work collaboratively and be a good team player, whilst also being able to act on your own initiative.
- CAD / Revit skills are favourable but not necessary.
- They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer that ideally has a minimum of 2 years’ experience and a variety of building services design experience, and preferentially on commercial or residential projects.
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £50k (depending on experience)
- Private healthcare
- Health and well-being allowance (Approx. £50 per month)
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
This is a great opportunity to join a stable and growing consultancy that can offer you a broad range of project experience, good career development prospects, support with on-going training and obtaining Chartership, as well as multiple employee benefits.
Please contact David Hilditch at RGB Network for more information on this Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity.