Senior Hydraulic Modeller
Location: Central London
RGB are working with a grwoing Engineering Consultancy that specialises in providing sustainable development infrastructure solutions from planning, through to full implementation. A key element of the role will be the understanding and managing of the design process from inception to construction of new flood alleviation, surface water management /flood alleviation projects, drainage strategies and producing and checking Flood Risk Assessments.
The Water Team specialises in providing advice to both public and private sectors clients on planning and design issues relating to Flood Risk, as well as the detailed design of Flood Protection, SuDS and Sewerage on Residential, Retail, Industrial, Commercial Developments and Public schemes throughout the UK.
- You will have a minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience and your principal role will be the day to day project management of a small team of Flood Modeller-TUFLOW and InfoWorks ICM modellers and conceptual design of flood protection measures and drainage strategies, leading to planning applications or construction drawings.
- You can expect to be active on a number of projects / client accounts at any given time.
- You will be expected to mentor and develop a team of modellers and engineers together with client facing.
- You will assist and separately produce fee proposals and verify work.
- You will hold a degree in Civil Engineering or appropriate science or equivalent commercial experience and responsibility.
- Experience in flood mitigation design from concept through to detailed design including the options assessment for private and public sector clients;
- Experienced in Drainage Design and Flood Risk Assessments
- A thorough knowledge of Flood Modeller/ISIS-TUFLOW river modelling software together with InfoWorks ICM and MAP-Info and or QGIS is essential.
- The design of sewers using WINDES (or similar software packages) together with experience in applying Sewers for Adoption and other drainage guidance would be advantageous but not essential.
- Project management experience desired.
This is an opportunity to join a specialist team of 10 working on a wide range of projects that deliver an excellent service to their clients.
Your role will evolve and you will have the opportunity to progress in your career and take on additional client and project responsibility.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + extensive range of benefits
For more information contact Michael Power at RGB Network.