Principal Transport Planner - Central London
The RGB Transport Planning recruitment team have just met with a large Transport Engineering firm in London, who have started the search to employ a Principal Transport Planner to join their large development planning team.
This opportunity is aimed towards a Principal Transport Planner who is well-experienced within development planning, producing; Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and Junction models.
About the role
This consultancy is seeking to recruit an experienced Principal Transport Planner with a proven track record in business development and managing challenging Development Planning and events projects.
The role involves working with their existing clients such as Canary Wharf, Battersea Power Station, UEFA and Transport for London. The company will also help you develop your career by introducing you gradually to client management and work winning opportunities.
The role is client facing and the successful Principal Transport Planner will work with; planning consultants, architects, local authorities, external project managers, and colleagues within the company to deliver projects and enhance and expand their services to private and public sector clients.
The Principal Transport Planner will be required to:
- Contribute towards work winning for the team
- Deliver successful projects (time, cost, quality) as Project Manager
- Drive effective team performance
- Provide technical expertise and advice in Development Planning
- Manage and supervise more junior members of the team
- Drive career path and network
- Passionate about client relationships and effective Project Management
- Passionate about Sports and Event Management, previous volunteering or further transport planning experience ideal!
- Proven track record in terms of work winning and delivering successful transport planning and events projects
- Able to demonstrate intelligent understanding of the Major development sector, the immediate market and the key factors affecting it
- Extensive highways and transport experience including the production of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Delivery and Servicing Plans
- Experience of planning / organising major events, transport operations or crowd management for sporting or other events
- Experienced at stakeholder management and confident presenting to a range of stakeholders
- Able to proactively as a Principal Transport Planner, leading a team in demanding situations to meet/exceed client expectations
- Supportive of and able to manage other team members
For the right Principal Transport Planner, this consultancy is offering a competitive salary between £50,000 to £55,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits package.
For more information on this or similar Principal Transport Planner opportunities then please get in touch with Parvez Miah at RGB Network on 0207 932 2800 or email.