A Building Surveying & Property practice based in Bedfordshire currently has a vacancy available for a Building Surveyor to work across Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and East Anglia.
- Up to £60,000
- Fuel/Expenses Card
- Travel expenses
- Mobile Phone
- Laptop and IT Equipment
The Building Surveyor job details:
- As a Building Surveyor you will provide professional advice on property and construction, ranging from large value projects to more minor works and repairs.
- To complete detailed reports, specifications and building surveys; identify defects and advise on repair, maintenance and restoration/remedial options.
- Projects include PFI Hospitals, Local Authority Properties, Social housing and Listed Buildings.
- Liaise with clients, construction companies and any other relevant persons.
- Attend and chair meetings and represent the company, relationship building with clients.
- Ensure projects are completed on budget and to schedule
- Advise clients on schemes and projects and determine requirements
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
- Organise documents for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair, (Defect analysis)
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- Deal and advise on property legislation and building regulations
- Carry out feasibility studies
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings
- Project management
Working remotely, i.e. home based, can be arranged for duties such as report writing.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, all interviews, onboarding processes and working conditions will be in line with the latest government advise.
Please contact James Bramfitt at RGB should you wish to apply to this Building Surveyor job vacancy.