RGB are working with an international Building Services engineering consultancy who are looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their growing Mission Critical / Data Centre team.
This is a permanent position in which you will report to the Mission Critical Manager and the role covers several sectors including Data Centres, Mobile Networks and Laboratories.
Client focus is required, however primarily you will be working with a Senior Associate to deliver large hyperscale data centres within the UK.
- £55,000 to £65,000 + benefits
Summary of the Senior Electrical Engineer job role:
- Electrical Engineering for mission critical projects.
- Co-ordination of electrical design with other building services disciplines and with external parties such as architect or structural engineer.
- Participating in developing the projects.
- Participating in project activities including design and documentation.
- Ensuring that the company’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects.
- Designing large scale projects up to RIBA Stage 4A.
- Writing reports, specifications, schedules and calculations.
- Taking part in personal and professional development training as required.
- Participating in Performance Management Process and maintenance of individual Thrive assessment and development tool.
- Developing Project Co-ordination skills in line with work opportunities.
- Involved in the growth of Mission Critical laboratories and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Coordinating directly with clients.
- Operating within project delivery timeframes.
- Managing multiple projects and successfully dealing with conflicting obligations.
- International Building Services brand that employs circa 1,000 people (70 in the UK).
- Services include full MEP / M&E design, sustainability, fire protection, vertical transportation, asset performance and building management systems.
- Projects include large scale new build commercial developments, commercial fit out and refurbishments, data centres, hotels, restaurants, hospitals and laboratories.
- Excellent career development programme.
- Opportunities to relocate and work in international offices.
- Great benefits package.
- Regular office social events including companywide trip away.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will be conducted via telephone or video. An employment start date will factor in government advice, travelling to and from the office and working from home conditions.
Please contact James Bramfitt at RGB should you wish to apply to this Senior Electrical Engineer / Senior Design Engineer (mission critical / data centre – building services) job vacancy.