Structural Steel Fabrication Estimator
£40000 - £55,000
This established, Sussex based, Structural steel and architectural metalwork fabricator is looking for an experienced senior estimator/ quantity surveyor to price projects. They are a friendly, relaxed company employing 23 people and regularly work on structural steel projects up to 400 tonnes.
Your role will be to understand architectural/ structural consultancy drawings and to price up a range of structural steel and metalwork projects for clients across a range of sectors in the UK.
Duties will include:
- Receiving tenders/ pricing enquiries by phone, post and email
- Reading and understanding architects/ consultants drawings to understand scope of project
- Determining structural steel and architectural metal work requirements for the project
- Doing full estimates / quotations and responding to tenders with project pricing
- Obtaining quotations for any works that need to be subcontracted
- Responsible for all changes and variations to pricing prior to contract award
- Monitoring of variations to original price with contracts and production managers
- Liaison with clients / directors/ contracts managers/ projects managers in weekly meetings
- Aiding with take offs and quantity surveying duties for awarded projects
- Scheduling and ordering both standard and bespoke work from both the in-house workshop and subcontractor
In order to secure this position you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of estimating in a structural steel and metalwork environment and be comfortable working with all levels of professionals.
To be considered for the role apply now for an immediate call back as this role is urgent due to a huge uplift in their workload for the next 18 months.