Civil Engineer – Central London
RGB Network are currently representing an international multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in their search to employ a Civil Engineer to join their Central London infrastructure design team.
Industry relevant Bachelor’s degree/ Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or internationally equivalent qualification
- Has sole responsibility for significant and complex activities or projects
- Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others’ work
- Responsible for meeting agreed deadlines
- Represents Meinhardt/the group/ office/discipline/ profession at internal and external meetings
- Authors official documents e.g. letters and reports (for internal or external use)
- Responsible for the performance, work and development of others, providing guidance, training, motivational and directional feedback
- Drainage design to schemes in an Urban or Greenfield setting including sustainable urban drainage and hydraulic modelling.
- Familiar with Section 102 and 104 adoptions, 106 connection application and 185 diversion works.
- Negotiating with Statutory bodies including The Environment Agency on hydraulic matters pertaining to the development.
- An in depth knowledge of:
- Sewers for Adoption 7th edition (SFA7th)
- Planning policy statement 25 (PPS25)
- Approved Document H
- Highway infrastructure design and adoption with particular attention to levels and drainage.
- Negotiating with the Council Highway agencies on highway issues pertaining to the development.
- An in depth knowledge of:
- Section 38 adoption and 278 works.
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
- Road markings and Signage
- Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other engineers to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic and concept of the construction.
- Undertake liaison with construction contractors to maintain the principles of the design in the works that are carried out.
- Demonstrate capability and experience in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment
- For the right Civil Engineer, this company is offering a competitive salary between; £30,000 to £38,000 (depending on experience)
- 40 hour working week with flexi time
- TOIL provided for approved overtime
- Income protection scheme and death in service scheme
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays, 25 days for Associate level and above
- Government pension scheme
- Social environment with monthly works drinks catered in the office and quarterly office events such as the spring quiz social – this is combined with the London office (100+ staff) social team
- Chartership paid for and supported by the Company. Study and exam days provided. Annual professional development program ran with internal and external workshops and courses
For more information on this or similar Civil Engineer roles then please get in touch with Parvez Miah at RGB Network on 0207 932 2800 or email.